The SCA-35 is a high quality stereo preamplifier and amplifier combination which serves as a control centre for various program sources such as phonograph, tape and radio.
The SCA-35 permits selection of the program source desired, modification of the tonal characteristics of the sound source, and change of volume; it provides output connections for loudspeakers and headphones.
The connection of various types of program sources is made on the back panel through the several sockets provided. The shielded audio cables and plugs supplied with the program source equipment are used for connection between these components. There are screw terminals for connection of loudspeakers to the unit. The upper row of inputs and outputs is used for the left channel, and the bottom row for the right channel.
The front panel controls have been designed to make the operation of the SCA-35 simple and obvious while providing suitable flexibility. Although it is possible to enjoy use of the SCA-35 using only the power and selector switches and the volume control, knowledge of the function of the other switches and controls can provide increased listening pleasure.
- Power output: 17.5 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: 1%
- Input sensitivity: 4mV (MM), 1000mV (line)
- Signal to noise ratio: 70dB (MM), 80dB (line)
- Valve complement: 2 x 12AX7, 2 x 7199, 4 x 6BQ5/EL-84/7189
- Finish: champagne gold anodized aluminium front panel