With the new Model 550 Dual Tracer Cassette System, Nakamichi Research extends their revolution in cassette technology to in-the-field recording.
Like the impressive Dual Tracer 500, whose outstanding performance it closely matches, the 550 employs Nakamichi’s exclusive Focused-Gap head for extended high frequency response and extremely low distortion.
Complete with its own self contained battery power supply, the Nakamichi 550 may also be operated from a car battery or from a standard AC line (with adaptors supplied).
Professional 45dB range, peak level meters attest to the unit’s extended dynamic range and are especially useful during live recording sessions.
Speed control is absolute. A built-in Super Stabilizer prevents power supply voltage fluctuations and a pulse controlled DC servomotor maintains absolute speed stability.
No matter where you are, under the most rigorous field conditions or in the comfort of your living room, the Nakamichi 550 is the perfect companion.
- Type: 2-head, single compact cassette deck
- Track System: 4-track, 2-channel stereo
- Tape Speed: 4.8 cm/s
- Heads: 1 x record/playback, 1 x erase
- Motor: DC servo
- Tape Type: type I, CrO2
- Noise Reduction: B
- Frequency Response: 40Hz to 17kHz (Cr02 tape)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 65dB (dolby B)
- Wow and Flutter: 0.13%
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 1.5%
- Input: 70mV (line), 0.2mV (mic)
- Output: 0.58V (line)
- Dimensions: 311 x 89 x 350mm
- Weight: 5.1kg